Skip to main content

Let's Do It


Hello everyone! I hope all of you are having a good time at school, excited about the new developments at school, the new changes we are trying to bring in and the events that are in the pipeline. It is your participation, your inputs and your proactiveness that would make everything a roaring success. There is just one more thing that I would like to ask for- please remain motivated.

Yes, that’s the catch. To remain motivated is the biggest challenge these days. So many times, I have seen smiling faces, bubbling with energy, raring to go at the time of interview becoming dull after a week in the class. I want all my educators to have a genuine smile on their faces.

I agree that times are tough. We do not have the same atmosphere in the class which was there when we were students. In our time, teachers were given utmost respect and the child was taken to task if there was any complain from the school. If any note regarding our disobedience or insincerity reached our parents, they never spared the rod. Our parents never questioned our teachers, they questioned us. Things have taken a U-turn now. It is the teacher who is accountable for everything a student does. And this is what frustrates a teacher.

Again, I agree, that challenges are innumerable. But doesn’t that call for us to become smarter, more efficient and more of a perfectionist? No one has a magic wand that will motivate you or change things. You, and only you, can do it. Think of what we achieve when we lose hope, give up or give in to the pressure. Nothing. Cipher. Zero. We are unable to do justice to our profession when we become demotivated. We don’t prepare our lessons well, we do the correction half- heartedly, we take no interest in any of our duties or responsibilities. It certainly becomes a no-win situation.

We just have to turn things around and convert it into win-win situation. We cannot change the system but who has stopped us from changing ourselves? Become a version 2.0 of yourself. Update. Upgrade. And win. Yes, there are challenges but we are made up of something stronger. That is why we are in this profession.

What I would advise you to practise before entering a class is to greet everyone mentally with a positive statement- “I love you. I wish all the best to you.”  When you are there to give unconditional love, how the students won’t reciprocate? A few incorrigible ones should be accepted as “You are a blessing for me.” I practise these mantras in my class and you all have seen the difference in the behaviour of students.

I believe in each one of us. I’m sure we can find at least one reason to stay motivated and dedicated. We are all there for each other, to help, to support, to listen. We will help each other win and smile. Together, we will turn the tide and succeed.

Principal

Oxford Public School


Comments

  1. thankyou maam , for your motivational words and explaining all the points so beautifully.
    You are an epitome of strength and a great pillar of support to each one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ma'am for recharging our batteries again with your motivating words.. And we promise you that we are and we will be honestly dedicated to our "Oxford " and always keep ourselves motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ma'am for motivating us,it feels great to read your article.I make sure that I will never stop smiling,always think postively nd always dream big for my school.I am very excited for the new changes already done nd also for the upcoming changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ma'am. Your leadership and words of encouragement means a lot to us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My family, My Oxford

The title is indeed apt for my write up. Oxford is not just an elite school, its’ a royal family. I am extremely happy to be able to express my feelings towards my family through this blog post. The year 2007 was one of the best years of my life. It was 15 th of March when I joined Oxford Public School. First day can be frightening and I was nervous too. But the environment was so encouraging, all the educators were so dedicated towards their students. Everyone helped a new teacher like me, even the students – I was on cloud nine! Everything was so good! Continuing my journey in the school I made great friends, learned many new concepts of teaching and became part of this huge family. More importantly, Oxford became an integral part of my life. At Oxford, the students don’t just learn, they grow – mentally as well as emotionally. The senior administration including Principal Ma’am, Vice Principal Ma’am and Sudesh Ma’am have made this possible. They make sure that the educat

Thank You Note For My Beloved Principal Ma'am

You never really know someone until you understand things from their perspective; until you get into their shoes and walk around in them.  I have been very fortunate to join Oxford Public School, first as a student and then as a teacher. When I was a student, though I loved my school immensely, there were a few things I could not understand. But today, being the part of Oxford as an educator, I have understood what all this institution has been doing for 25 years now; especially principal ma'am.  Ma'am, you have helped us to open our eyes to the world, you gave us curiosity and confidence, you taught us to ask questions, you connected us to our past and future, you have never been less than a super star. You are the one who has shaped many students' lives, you are the one because of whom Oxford shines. You allowed us to be the best we could be. You touch the life of every student and make sure it is set on a constructive path. You have changed so many lives an

Make A Difference

My journey as an educator began 25 years ago at this very school- Oxford Public School. Teaching different grades in this awesome journey, I have developed deep appreciation and understanding for this noblest profession. Providing an environment where my students can take risk and experience authentic learning is the cornerstone of my educational philosophy. The connection between student and teacher is everything. All through these years I have been trying to repair self- efficacy of students in different subjects, especially in English. Earning trust of students is the vehicle for making the necessary adjustments to make them believe, in their ability to analyse and create their own masterpieces. 'What is best for our students?' This is the question that twirls around my mind about one hundred times a day. My job as a teacher is to make learning experience engaging, encouraging and inspiring to all learners. I teach with purpose in mind. I want school to be a f