Skip to main content

Esperienze

It is rightly said "To teach is to learn twice over". I've been teaching for 25 years and there has never been a day I haven't learnt something new. Teaching is not just a job for me, it is what defines me. It gives me a purpose. We often complain about how terrorism can't be fought or how some educated people throw garbage or how kids are becoming lazy in a tech world and the list goes on. It is always easier said than done. Teaching gives me the power to shape our youth into becoming a good person as in the end that is what matters the most.
It's been a year I have been working in this school, the experience and exposure I got here is exceptional.  Experience always changes with the schools we teach, but the one I am having here is having a huge impact on my confidence. Colleagues here are positive competitors and good personal friends. This environment is best suited to grow as a person and individual. Freedom I get here in the process of teaching helps me to give an extra bit of effort to share the knowledge in the way I was exposed to the same.
Knowledge is most certainly power. Power to bring a change in your and others' life and I am fortunate enough to have this power. This profession brings a sense of contentment. Not only do I get to share my knowledge with students, I also get to be a mother like figure for all of them and it is the greatest feeling a woman can ever have.
It’s been a joyful journey here and I am looking forward to coming many more years here.
Manju Sharma
Educator, Oxford Public School



Comments

  1. Very true Manju maam,
    Teaching is not only a job but it also defines a person...
    Oxford has always believed in giving space to the teachers and bringing their 100% out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My family, My Oxford

The title is indeed apt for my write up. Oxford is not just an elite school, its’ a royal family. I am extremely happy to be able to express my feelings towards my family through this blog post. The year 2007 was one of the best years of my life. It was 15 th of March when I joined Oxford Public School. First day can be frightening and I was nervous too. But the environment was so encouraging, all the educators were so dedicated towards their students. Everyone helped a new teacher like me, even the students – I was on cloud nine! Everything was so good! Continuing my journey in the school I made great friends, learned many new concepts of teaching and became part of this huge family. More importantly, Oxford became an integral part of my life. At Oxford, the students don’t just learn, they grow – mentally as well as emotionally. The senior administration including Principal Ma’am, Vice Principal Ma’am and Sudesh Ma’am have made this possible. They make sure that the educat

Thank You Note For My Beloved Principal Ma'am

You never really know someone until you understand things from their perspective; until you get into their shoes and walk around in them.  I have been very fortunate to join Oxford Public School, first as a student and then as a teacher. When I was a student, though I loved my school immensely, there were a few things I could not understand. But today, being the part of Oxford as an educator, I have understood what all this institution has been doing for 25 years now; especially principal ma'am.  Ma'am, you have helped us to open our eyes to the world, you gave us curiosity and confidence, you taught us to ask questions, you connected us to our past and future, you have never been less than a super star. You are the one who has shaped many students' lives, you are the one because of whom Oxford shines. You allowed us to be the best we could be. You touch the life of every student and make sure it is set on a constructive path. You have changed so many lives an

Make A Difference

My journey as an educator began 25 years ago at this very school- Oxford Public School. Teaching different grades in this awesome journey, I have developed deep appreciation and understanding for this noblest profession. Providing an environment where my students can take risk and experience authentic learning is the cornerstone of my educational philosophy. The connection between student and teacher is everything. All through these years I have been trying to repair self- efficacy of students in different subjects, especially in English. Earning trust of students is the vehicle for making the necessary adjustments to make them believe, in their ability to analyse and create their own masterpieces. 'What is best for our students?' This is the question that twirls around my mind about one hundred times a day. My job as a teacher is to make learning experience engaging, encouraging and inspiring to all learners. I teach with purpose in mind. I want school to be a f